THOMAS LEONARD ROSS QC
‘For 30 years I have devoted my professional life to learning the Art of Trial Advocacy. I put all of that knowledge and experience at the disposal of the client and prepare the case to its limit, with the aim of achieving the best outcome for that client that any lawyer could achieve’
Before joining the Scottish bar in 2000, Thomas was a partner in a busy Glasgow solicitor’s practice, specializing in criminal defence.
Since calling at the Scottish bar, Thomas has established himself as one of the country’s busiest criminal trial counsel – having conducted more than 250 trials in the highest trial court. Homicide in all its forms is a particular interest – but all types of serious crime have been defended by Thomas.
In August 2017 Her Majesty the Queen appointed Thomas as one of her counsel in Scotland, ‘a mark of distinction in Advocacy’. In introducing Thomas Leonard Ross QC to the Court at the start of the 2017 legal year, Scotland’s most senior judge stated, ‘you come to the senior bar as a distinguished criminal defence practitioner … as past-president of both the Glasgow Bar Association and the Scottish Criminal Bar Association you have made a significant contribution to the criminal defence bar during your career so far’.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Bachelor of Laws (LLP)
- Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (Dip LP)
- Certificate in Forensic Medicine and Science
- Former President of the Glasgow Bar Association (1995 / 1996)
- Former Board Member – Legal Defence Union (1995 / 1996)
- Former Committee Member – Scottish Medico-Legal Society (2013 / 2015)
- Former President of the Scottish Bar Association (2015 / 2016)