LLB (hons) Dip. L.P., Dip FMS
"I became an Advocate to assist people from all walks of life facing complex legal matters. I pride myself on representing them with integrity and the utmost professionalism.
My aim is simple - to achieve the best outcome for those I represent."
Prior to calling to the Bar in June 2007, Edith worked in private practice, predominantly in the field of criminal defence. She was a Procurator Fiscal Depute for 5 years. Her experience in both prosecuting and defending criminal cases has proven invaluable.
Edith is a talented and widely respected advocate who regularly appears in the High Court and Sheriff Court on matters of preliminary hearings, trials and Inquiries. She also has an employment law practice at tribunal and appellate level. In addition, she regularly represents professionals facing disciplinary hearings before the NMC, GMC and SSSC.
Edith is regularly involved in training courses for young lawyers. She is a tutor on the Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Glasgow. In addition she has been consulted by film producers for the BBC and Crime Fiction novels. Edith is also regularly engaged as an after dinner speaker.
As a professional, Edith demands the best of herself. She takes legal situations requiring representation seriously and she understands that you do too.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Criminal Defence
- Fatal Accident Inquiries
- Public Inquiries
- Health & Safety Prosecutions
- Environmental Prosecutions
- Employment Law
- Professional Disciplinary Hearings (NMC, GMC, SSSC etc.)
- LLB (Hons), Dip. L.P. (University of Strathclyde)
- Diploma in Forensic Medicine and Science (Royal Society of Apothecaries, London)
- Ad hoc Advocate Depute
- Ad hoc Advocate for the Home Office in Immigration Appeals
- Tutor, Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Glasgow
- Chair, Fitness to Practise Panel, Scottish Social Services Council
- Committee member of the Scottish Criminal Bar Association
- Regularly delivers training to others in the legal profession